Sunday 18 February 2018




The Last Promise


I don’t know how long we have 
To finish all the stories,
We once began.

I don’t know when I’ll have to leave,
That I’ll never come back
Like I promised I would.

But when I do, and I’m sorry I have to
I hope you remember me,
Once, every while
With a silent smile.

I don’t know if you’ll shed tears,
But if you do, I won't be able 
To come and wipe them,
Like I used to do.

Our stories will never end,
We’ll always have just
One more tale to tell.

There’ll always be that one thing
That I forgot to say.
But for once, I’m going to try
To say it all one day.
Hoping , praying, begging
That it won’t be our last.

I have never broken a promise,
And to return, one I’ll make
But that’ll be my last,
The only one I’ll break.



9 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! It's absolutely worth the wait! Keep writing the blog, it never fails to bring a smile on my face :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m relieved it was worth the wait, to be honest...

      Delete
  2. Too good, something worth after such a long time.....while reading I was been relating it to our friendship...keep writing.....cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really too good! !keep writing... Waiting for your next blog! ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one.....this poem touched my heart.
    Worth waiting...
    Keep writing

    ReplyDelete